By Thearon Willis
As some of the most well known programming languages on the planet, visible simple maintains to extend at the performance and suppleness of its framework. This booklet explains how you can use visible uncomplicated 2005 to write down effective database functions that may be used all through an company.
With this instructing software, you are going to use queries, perspectives, and kept approaches to successfully entry and control information out of your purposes. you will get an organization seize on utilizing ADO.NET in addition to OleDb, SQL, and Oracle to entry particular databases. Plus, hands-on examples and try-it-out routines assist you positioned your interpreting into perform in order that with every one bankruptcy, you will progressively construct the items of a unmarried application.
What you are going to examine from this book
- How ADO.NET keeps to conform as a construction block for getting access to and manipulating facts in relational databases
- Ways to encrypt and decrypt facts, hash passwords, and additional safe entry on your data
- Techniques for getting access to your internet carrier from either Windows(r) and net applications
- Best practices for utilizing enterprise good judgment and information entry elements to provide record facts or replace facts on your back-end databases
Who this publication is for
This booklet is for builders who are looking to discover ways to write database purposes and back-end databases, reminiscent of Microsoft(r) entry, Microsoft(r) SQL Server, and Oracle(r). a few event with visible easy 2005 is beneficial yet now not required.
Wrox starting publications are crafted to make studying programming languages and applied sciences more straightforward than you think that, delivering a dependent, educational structure that may advisor you thru all of the ideas involved.
Read Online or Download Beginning Visual Basic 2005 databases PDF
Similar visual basic books
Visible BasicR . internet energy Coding is the skilled developer's consultant to gaining knowledge of complicated visible uncomplicated . web innovations. Paul Kimmel saves readers time and cash by means of offering thorough causes of crucial subject matters so that you can quick commence growing powerful courses that experience fewer insects. the writer additionally demonstrates vital innovations by utilizing a number of real-world examples that come with operating code that has been validated opposed to visible simple .
--The final guidance and tips publication for VB builders who are looking to get the main out of the recent beneficial properties in VB.
--Provides greater than 50 usable visible uncomplicated courses, which readers can enforce straight away of their personal applications.
--The CD comprises all of the code from each one software, in addition to extra software program.
Evaluate of home windows. evaluate of home windows. deciding on the laptop parts. utilizing a Mouse. utilizing the elemental positive factors of home windows. utilizing Menus and Toolbars. operating with a number of courses. Getting aid. Exiting home windows. universal parts in workplace 2000. undertaking 1 uncomplicated universal components.
Examine the suggestions that each developer who works with visible simple . internet should still find out about designing, constructing, and constructing security-enhanced purposes for Microsoft home windows® and the internet. visible uncomplicated . web specialists Ed Robinson and Mike Bond introduce serious safeguard innovations utilizing basic language and step by step examples.
- Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition for Dummies
- Visual Basic .NET and XML: harness the power of XML in VB. NET applications
- Murach's ASP.NET 3.5 Web Programming with C# 2008
- Clearly Visual Basic: Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic 2012 (3rd Edition)
- Mobile Device Game Development (Game Development Series)
Additional resources for Beginning Visual Basic 2005 databases
This index enables you to search through the text in a column containing this data type for specific keywords. Stored procedures A stored procedure is a single SQL statement or group of SQL statements compiled into an execution plan and stored under a unique name in the database. It is executed as a unit. A stored procedure can have multiple SQL statements to perform such tasks as selecting data from one table and updating data in another table. Stored procedures increase application performance in a couple of ways.
Examples from that point on are shown using both SQL Server and Oracle. NET provider and shows you how to access and manage data in relational databases. Access schema The schema shown in Figure 1-6 lists the tables that need to be created in your Access database along with the column attributes and the primary and foreign key relationships. There are two main tables in this schema: Groups and Projects. Ultimately, users will be assigned to groups; thus, a Groups table has been defined. This table contains group names, such as Finance and Human Resources.
9. 10. Close the table designer by clicking on the X in the upper-right corner of the window. The next table that you want to create is the Projects table. Double-click Create table in Design view to open the table designer. Enter the field names, data type, and data type attributes as shown in Table 1-6. 17 Chapter 1 Table 1-6: Projects Table Fields Field Name Data Type Data Type Attributes ProjectID Number Field Size = Replication ID, Required = Yes, Indexed = Yes (No Duplicates) ProjectName Text Field Length = 50, Required = Yes, Allow Zero Length = No ProjectDescription Memo Required = No, Allow Zero Length = No SequenceNumber Number Field Size = Byte, Required = Yes LastUpdateDate Date/Time Required = Yes 11.